Tagliatelle with Tartufata Truffle Sauce and Mushrooms
Tagliatelle pasta is as delicious as it is easy to make. With our Tartufata Truffle Sauce, your pasta will have a whole new level of scrumptious flavor!
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 ounce of dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of White Tartufata Truffle Sauce
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 pound (about 450 grams) porcini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of Black Truffle Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry white wine
- 1 pound (about 450 grams) fresh tagliatelle or another pasta of your choice
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a pot add 1 cup of water and the dried mushrooms. Bring the pot to a boil. Turn off the heat and let the mushrooms sit in the water for about 5 minutes.
- Once the porcini mushrooms have thoroughly soaked, remove the mushrooms and pour the water through a sieve to get rid of any leftover grit. Save the liquid (which will now be used as the stock) and the mushrooms and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan heat up the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and sauté until slightly browned.
- Add in the thinly sliced porcini mushrooms and cook until they have browned. If you noticed that the mushrooms absorbed the oil, add in another tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add in preferred amount of freshly ground black pepper and a small pinch of Truffle Sea Salt.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the wine and scrape any bits that are stuck to the pan.
- Add in the White Tartufata Truffle Sauce to the pan and mix together. Cook for 1 minute.
- Return the sauté pan from the heat and cook for about 2 minutes or until the wine has reduced slightly.
- Add in 1/2 cup of the mushroom liquid from steps 1-3, the soaked (dried) mushrooms. Turn up the heat to high and simmer until it has reduced slightly.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes for fresh pasta or according to the package directions for dried pasta.
- Add in the parsley and parmesan cheese to the mushroom mixture, mix together with the pasta and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.